Exceptional open weekend on September 15 & 16
On this page, you will find all the informations on the exceptional open days:
- The park you discovered during your visit: history, garden, contemporary art pieces, animals, ...
- The animations and conferences of the weekend: historical and archeological guided tours, outside reading, vintage car exhibition, chlidren makeup, …
- Practical information: hours, tariffs, food, parking, access plan, ..
With your Smartphone, you were able to enjoy interactive connexions to enrich your visit: along the promenade, through Flashcode or MobileTag app (downloading free on your usual downloading platform), you accessed more information and were able to interact and play with the Parc.
You can still have a look at what happened during the June opening days: the artists presented and the Garden fair producers.
Your visit at The Parc
During the September open days, the Association des Amis de Saint Symphorien had proposed you some news:
- an exceptional guided tour of the Megalithic Dolmen, in a still closed area of the park;
- new animals: wallachie sheep, donkeys and Ladyhurst pheasants;
- enjoying outside lectures of texts and haïkus;
- great vintage cars and the possibility to discuss with their owners.
At the park, you discovered mainly the garden and promenade area of the park. Typical of a 18th century park, the perspective and the garden are registered as Monument Historique.
Close to the remains of the old castle and the 18th century cottage, an "English garden" waited for you, with giant rhododendrons and registered centuries old trees.
During your visit, you encountered contemporary art pieces.
In the Bird’s Garden, two photographers presented their vision of the "Journées du Patrimoine"’ theme : "Hidden Patrimony":
- Patrick Rimond – America Mura, the American village
- Olivier Mordacq – Connected portraits
Along the paths, you discovered sculptures by 8 artists :
- Annette & Leslie – Glumo
- Sue Riley - Daydream
- Hourieh Stier - La Ruelle de l’Amour
- Ruta Jusionyte - Duelle
- Annie Haquette - L’Envol
- Nadine Portier – Les Jonquilles
- Nadine Portier - Les DOMS
- François Arias – Eléphant
In the tea salon, visitors discovered the embroidered work of Sophie Le Chat.
More details on the artists and their work on our Art Page.
During your visit, you also met our animals. They might seem like the usual ones you know but they are a bit unusual :
- Cows and bulls have longer horns, long hair or strange bumps, because they are zebus, watusis or Highland Cattle.
- Sheep are so small, have 4 horns or strange horns, because they come from different regions in the world.
- And our chicken definetly do not look like the chicken your neighbour owns.
If you want to discover them further, read our Animal Page.
The animations and guided tours
- Guided Archeological Tour : the Dolmen
Saturday 2nd all afternoon - Archeological guided visit with M. Cyrille Billard - Presentation of the Dolmen, its usage and buidling 3.000 years ago.
M. Billard is Patrimony conservator at the "Direction Régionale des Affaires Culturelles", regional department of Archéology. He helps the park in the the Dolmen renovation.
One hour visit, every hour, from 2pm (2pm, 3pm, 4pm and 5pm). In French.
- Guided Historical Tour : the park
Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 of September: Historical visit - Presentation of the park, and the different families who have lived htere over the years.
One hour visit at 11am and 2:30pm. In French.
There is also a self-touring document if you want to tour the park and understand its history by yourself (french and english).
- The animations : Outside lectures with "Les Liseurs"
Sunday 16 of September, outside lecture in the park, of garden and nature related texts (poems, japanese haïkus, texts, ...).
You can discover the list of the texts that has been proposed at the park on Les Liseurs’s list.
Two sessions, in La Clairière : 2:30pm and 4:30pm. In french.
"Les Liseurs" Association aims at helping the discovery of litterature using outside reading and lectures, to all kinds of public, in dedicated places (theaters, gardens, ...) or in disruptive places (autobus, center of towns, in people homes, ...).
To contact "Les Liseurs" in Fougères: 06.08.10.29.32 (Marc Froehly).
- The animations : Presentation of vintage cars
Sunday 16 of September : Presentation of 10 vintage cars by the Phoenix Association. The owners of the cars were there to discuss with all car lovers.
- Meeting the artist Sue Riley
Visitors were able to meet Sue Riley, sculptor in Passais La Conception, and discover her work in her specific installation for the park, « Daydream ».
- Children animations
During the two days
All day long - Transform your kid in one of the park’s animal with our make-up artist
All day long - Poney promenade (paying activity) - to be confirmed
- With you entry ticket, you can win ...
The winning entry tickets have been drawn on Sunday at 4pm in the tea Salon. The winners who were not there have been reached in the following weeks through the information they had given.
A weekend night for two in a Mercure hotel, anywhere in France, breakfast included
A hot air ballon flight around Le Mont St Michel
Marabout books on gardenning and french cuisine
and lot more to win ...
To participate, no need to pay. Just give us your name and number and you will participate in the game.
- Openning hours and tariffs
Open on saturday september,15 and on Sunday september,16
From 10h30am to 6h00pm / no tickets sold after 5h30pm
Tariffs : Adult 7€ / Child (5 years old to 18 years old) 4€
Specific tariffs: Family package (2 adults, 2 children) 18€ / Large Family Package (any children as of the third is half price) i.e. two adults & three children 20€ and two adults & five children 24€
Reduced price for the visitors who came in June (presenting their June 2nd or 3rd entrance ticket): 5,60€ (adults) / 3€ (children)
Group price (from 12 adults) -20% : for this tariff, you need to pre-register through mail.
Check and cash accepted / no credit cards
60 places of free parking inside the park
Dogs forbidden, even on leash
Tea Salon open all day long : hot and cold drinks, cakes and snacks (ice-creams, sweets, ...)
Hot lunch available during lunch time
Parc souvenirs (postcards, mugs, …)
Artists art pieces, books and postcards
See you at the park !