On September 14th and 15th, the park opened its doors for the Heritage Days (Journées du Patrimoine). The theme chosen by the Ministry of Culture was " 100 years of protection." Volunteers chose to reinterpret the theme into " 100 years of life in the village of Saint Symphorien des Monts ."
To illustrate this theme, an exhibition of old photographs was proposed to visitors. A search for the right pictures was made among the members of the Association, but also among villagers who contributed to make this exhibition a highlight of the visit.
Also, for the first time in 100 years, the Park offered visitors the presentation of the stained glass window of the private chapel from the previous castle, representing Saint Symphorien. The private chapel has evidently disappeared during the fire of the castle in 1917. The miraculously preserved stained glass had been preserved since. Found by chance in one of the cottages, it was shown to the public during those two days, before being sent for restoration.
The gray weather did not discouraged history fans and even France 3 television came to report on the stained glass.
The visitors were also pleased to be able to transform into magical characters with an original photo studio : Geraldine and Irina from SalezPoivrez accompanied each visitor in their invention of their character fairytale. Hunters, vampires , fairies ... each visitor could take home a free portrait. A beautiful moment for all.