Discover the great projects of the Association for 2014 and help in becoming a member, volunteering or making a donation.
This page describes the objectives, the work already done, the accomplishments of 2012, 2013 and 2014. You will find all possibilities to help the Association to become a member or a volunteer, or make a donation to the Association, monetary or else.
If you want to join immediately without going through the page, click here to open the membership form to the Association
Thank you for any help you can provide to the Association.
Great first results for the Association
Discover the work already achieved
Discover the 2014 works
Become an Association member
Become a volunteer
Buy a park goodie or souvenir
Donate material or money
Why join the association ?
The Association des Amis de Saint Symphorien, the way forward
The Association des Amis de Saint Symphorien aims at renovating the Parc before the opening to the public.
By creating the association, the desire was to make the project of Saint Symphorien wider open to all those who love the park and want to help the implementation of an ambitious project. And it is now more than 75 persons who actively support the project as participants or volunteers. If you like the park, the project can become your project. Join us!
To begin reviving the Park in the region, and to raise funds to accelerate renovations, the Association opened exceptionally the Park for 4 days in 2012, 10 days in 2013 and 30 days in 2014.
These openings were a great success.
The atmosphere, entertainment and all the events of the opening day are visible on the News page.
For 2015, the Association continues its momentum by giving greater scope to its action in opening the park even more between May and September and providing new spaces for visitors to discover.
Whether you love parks, animals or art, or the three of them, help us reviving this great place and creating a unique discovery park.
The work already done
Since the establishment of the Association, many projects have been successfully completed. Here are all the achievements that have made the openings possible.
- Cleaning and "déronçage" of the English Garden
Cleaning of the giant rhododendrons from brambles and of the paths around them; clarification of the witches’circle.
- Renovation of the Tearoom and its furniture
Renovation of interior furniture (tables, chairs, bar) and cleaning of stairs, flowerbeds around the Tearoom.
- Development of flower beds in the Garden area
In the azaleas path; cleaning of hydrangeas bushes,; cleaning of the entrances to the Park (old and new entries)
- Construction of the Dwarf animals enclosure
These pens welcome Ouessant sheep, shetland ponies, sheep and llamas in Cameroon.
- Construction of the enclosure of the upper and middle part of the park
To accommodate the aurochs, Highland cattle of Scotland, on one side and Jacob sheep, on the other.
- Renovation of the old washhouse and the path along the ponds
Renovation of the washhouse: posing the stucture back on its feet, painting and protection.
- Renovation of the large outside gates
_Clearing the space, painting of the gates, protection of the walls.
Projects for 2014
The ambition is great for 2014 expecialy to open the promenad up to the lake, and projects to be completed before the first opening in May, are numerous:
- Renovation of the lake promenade
Clearing, tree cutting, path renovation to allow visitors to walk all around the lake.
- Clearing of the tree nursery
In the upper part of the park.
- Renovation of the outside aspect of the park
Clearing and putting back to beauty the outside vision of the park, along the road.
- Renovation of the deer observation cabin
CLearing around, putting it back on its feet and protecting.
- Construction of the enclosures of the lower part of the park
To host zebus and watusis on one side, and horses and donkeys, on the other. Implementation of posts and fences. Construction of their houses.
- Create presentation boards and orientation at the entrance
To accompany the opening of a larger part of the park.
- Renovation of roads
Reoad rehabilitation, better organisation.
To help, you can co-finance the projects of the park by becoming a member
It’s only membership fees and donation that enable the Association to invest in the renovation of the park. By joining the Association, you allow the Parc to move forward toward its reopening objective. A membership entitles you to a free entrance in one of the opening days of 2014, and two entrances for a couple membership.
2015 membership fees have been stable for the last two years and are set at € 20 per individual, € 32 for a couple and € 50 for an association or a company. Simply download the membership form and send it to us.
To help, you can give a hand during a "Volunteer Week-end"
We also propose to volunteers to participate in the work of restoring the park during our "Weekend volunteers." The weekends take place on every third week-end of the month, from January: january 17&18, february 14&15, march
14&15, april 11&12 and may 9&10.
You can read on the News page, the minutes of all the volunteer weekends in 2011, 2012 and 2013. The work to be done will be organised and directed by the Parc’s team. You will discover the park, the people and the project for real!
As a volunteer participant in this weekend, you will be exempt from membership fees and will be integrated to the association automatically.
To volunteer, please indicate so by sending us an email and we will contact you with all aspects of the organization.
Buying a gift is helping the Park.
Offering one of our goodies helps the Park Association, as all profits are given back to the Association. Choose from our selection:
- Logo sticker - size: 7,5 cm x 5cm - 1 € /sticker
- Logo magnet - size: 5cm x 3,5 cm - 2 € /magnet
- Selection of postcards of the park and of the artists - prices adjusted according to the number of cards. Click here to view selections and the according prices.
* Park cap with logo - white and navy blue - 8 €. Click here to see the cap.
* Ceramic mug with logo - 6,50 €. Click here to see the mug.
The prices include VAT and do not include shipping.
To order, click here and tell us what you want to order in the body of mail. You will be delivered quickly upon receipt of payment (check, credit card, paypal).
To help the Park to move faster, you can make a donation
Donation represent more than 60% of the Association’s budget. The project success is completely link to our fan’s generosity.
If you want to help us accelerate the pace of renovations and help us to open more quickly, you can make a donation to the association. To do this, complete the donation form and return it to the Association.
You can make a monetary donation or a donation of objects and raw materials.
For the implementation of its various projects and the openings of 2014, the Association would need the following elements:
- treated poles and posts, ropes for pens
- doors and gates, new or already used for the building of the enclosures
- sand and gravel for the rehabilitation of roads
- exterior paint black (grids), white or green (wood)
- chicken wire
- gloves, helmets, protective boots for volunteers
- gardening tools: shears, spade, rake ...
- water collectors and gutters, new, used or retype to equip animal enclosures
Thank you for your generosity and your participation in the project.
In short, why join the Association?
- To participate in the creation of a unique place for curious minds, mixing landscapes, animals and contemporary art
- To help the South of Manche to create a touristic attraction, providing visitors and employment
- To benefit from a regular information on the project’s improvements and the use of the funds by the Association
The park commits itself to
- 100% of your subscription and donation used for the Parc’s project
- 100% transparency on the funds usage
- 100% on a local usage of the funds
- 100% protection of your personal data