The countess of Miramon Pesteils and her family have decided to re-open the Parc de St Symphorien des Monts. To keep up with its original visionary intention while ensuring that the new park is rooted in today’s world, they have decided to adapt the Parc to what a 21st century park should be.
And from their point of view, it should tackle three major 21st century issues :
The 21st century is about seeing the extraordinary variety of nature as an asset to protect.
- The wildlife one can see in the Parc are strange and rare European animal: Poitou donkeys, Ouessant sheep (the smallest in the world), Highland cattle, … We take part in their survival as a species, endangered by uniformity and urbanization.
- The unique botanical quality of the Parc is again protected and enriched with natural techniques.
- The Parc takes into account its impact on the environment : all the animals are fed with the Parc’s own production; the Parc aims to produce its own energy and use its own water and resources for its running.
The 21st century is about adding creativity to everyone’s life in a simple and intuitive way.
- The Parc de St Symphorien des Monts will offer its visitors a connexion with contemporary creation. The art presented will not be intellectual or complicated. They will be easy to relate to, amusing if possible and immediately likeable. It will be present thourgh three categories : large size sculptures and installations, land art and photography
- Every piece will have been created especially for the Parc. They will be chosen by an expert team and be visible during one year in the Parc.
The 21st century is about using virtual technology to better understand the world around us.
- The 21st century will see the frontier between virtual and real world finally disappear.
- This means that virtual reality and tools will enrich the Parc’s visiting experience :
- Information on plants, animals, history of the Parc will be easily accessible on site with smartphones and telephones
- Geolocalisation will allow interactive game for visitors
- Internet direct connexions will allow immediate link to artists work on top of the pieces of art presented